Old Sessions House

The old sessions house was constructed in 1779 and was the biggest and busiest Courthouse in England for over 100 Years. The grade two star listed building has since then housed offices and most recently a masonic lodge but has fallen into disrepair.

 

Our idea is to restore the former glory by reinstating key original design features but also making it work as a modern building. We are currently in the process of inviting intersting concepts for vitalizing the ground floor as a public central point for the area.